How To Sell My Used Mobile Home In South Carolina:
Your mobile home has allowed you to live modestly without sacrificing comfort for years right? Whether it was to beat the summer heat or to shelter yourself from the chilly winters, that mobile home protected you either way.
Now that you’re ready to move on, you might be looking for ways to sell your mobile home.
You need to be strategic and smart while negotiating to get the best deal. Check out the following tips to learn about the most effective ways to increase the chances of a successful sale.
Collect The Following Documents:
Once you have decided to sell your mobile home in South Carolina, these are the documents you’ll need.
- Transfer of Title – You’ll sign the title over to the client and fill out a transfer of ownership form. In case you lose it, you can get a duplicate or replacement title from the tax collector / DMV
- Bill of Sale – The buyer’s lenders and municipalities often require a bill of sale
- Notarized transfer of title – A notarized title transfer is usually required by lenders, and the seller and the buyer must be present while signing. You’ll get the required details from the motor vehicle department or tax collectors
- Taxes – To sell your mobile home, you will need to prove that your taxes have been paid in full
- Certificate of Occupancy (CO) – You have to submit a Certificate of Occupancy as proof that your home complies with all applicable regulations in South Carolina
Have a Pre-listing Appraisal Conducted
A pre-listing appraisal aims to collect data to estimate the home’s value. Besides, conducting a pre-listing inspection can help you spot any potential red flags before putting your home on the market, such as faulty wiring, plumbing leaks, etc.
The installation standards specify the perimeter support piers’ locations, anchoring homes’ methods, and other legitimate necessities for ductwork, plumbing, HVAC, drainage systems, and electrical.
Along with this comes a home inspection that allows the sellers to determine if there is anything that could use some attention and maintenance. This is conducted to ensure that no unexpected situations pop up later that can invalidate the contract due to the home inspection.
You can get an appraisal on your mobile home by submitting the form below:
Connect With an Experienced Professional
Although, you might find selling mobile homes a bit challenging, working with a top-notch local professional (yes we can help!) can give you an advantage when it comes to making informed decisions and avoiding common problems like disclosures, upgrades, contract negotiations, repairs, etc.
Consider Buyer Demographics and Market When Pricing Your Home
Compared to a stick-built home, a manufactured home costs 50% lesser and this makes the home a perfect affordable choice for your clients.
The good news is that the mobile homes price has increased due to the low inventory of housing in the market.
However, there are several factors you need to consider while pricing your mobile home. Priority is the location. The age of the home, size, materials, appliances, additions, and current condition. It’s also great when you take the buyer pool into consideration.
Give Your Mobile Home a Value Boost With The Following Unique Features
When pricing mobile homes, take note of the features and how they impact the data.
Porches contribute to the aesthetics of mobile homes, making them look more chic and stylish when it’s well-kept. You might also want to apply a layer of paint when the finishing wears off.
Not to mention that having appliances and other features in good condition can help boost the selling price. These include:
- Hardwood cabinetry
- Six-panel doors
- Stainless steel appliances
- New lighting
- Energy-saving gadgets, etc
If you can’t afford all of these, try to switch the outdated hardware and redo the finishing to give it a more stylish look.
Use These Staging and Landscaping Tips to Sell Your Mobile Home Faster
Using some good visuals to attract clients will always make your work easier.
- Ensure that your home looks appealing in digital pictures and video tours
- Planting flowers, herbs, and vegetables or adding a raised flower bed can brighten up your home and property while also serving as an attraction point
- Try replacing the shabby looking vinyl skirting and switch to brick, stone, or any other heavy material to add texture and beauty
- Repair any kind of damage or cracks on the driveways
Following these will ensure that the mobile home leaves a good impression on the buyers.
Attract Seasonal Buyers By Listing Your Home As Furnished
Use the local aesthetic to enhance your decorating style. For example, if your environment favors visitor snowbirds or living near a beach area, give it a themed decoration and list it as furnished.
When you’re staging a regular home, try to get rid of any personal belongings – like photos – that can hinder the buyer’s imagination of living there.
There are many processes when you are willing to sell used mobile homes in South Carolina. Everything needs close attention to detail, from collecting proper documents, contacting useful sources, and pricing in the right way. That’s all you need to sell your home successfully.